March 4, 2012

Nature Clean ~ Solutions For A Toxin-Free Home




I've always been open to trying natural, chemical-free products in my home.  From cleaning to laundry to body, I've been very impressed with some brands, and definitely less than impressed by others. 

When approached to try out Nature Clean products, I was more than happy to give them a try!  I was very familiar with the brand, seeing their products at grocery and department stores week after week.  And I LOVE Canadian-made products!  Nature Clean generously sent me a selection of products to test out, and my family started using them immediately.

Pure-Sensitive Shampoo/Conditioner
This is my absolute favourite Nature Clean product and deserves the top spot in this post!  Since receiving my samples of the Pure-Sensitive Shampoo & Conditioner, I have purchased more bottles myself and will continue to do so.  I have suffered with psoriasis on my scalp since age 21 and as with any autoimmune disorder, I have good days, so-so days, and bad days.  The shampoos that I use to treat my scalp sometimes hurt, and always leave my hair resembling straw (requiring different products to make my hair manageable).  Upon my first shampoo with Nature Clean Pure-Sensitive, my scalp was instantly soothed and my hair was left squeaky clean.  And the conditioner made my hair silky smooth.
Since I've started using this line of shampoo and conditioner, I have received numerous compliments on my shiny soft hair.  I have also used the shampoo on both my sons and have had no issues at all.  I am very careful with using shampoo on Lil-J due to his skin problems, and Nature Clean has caused no reaction.  I would recommend this shampoo & conditioner to anyone!

The Specs:
  • Biodegradable
  • Safe for colour-treated hair
  • Products ideal for cottage use as they are Septic Tank & Grey Water Safe
  • Made without parabens, sulphates (SLS & SLES), phthalates, propylene glycol, silicone, PEG (polyethylene glycol), phosphates, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances or dyes


Sensitive Bath Bar
As with the Pure-Sensitive Shampoo, my skin was left squeaky clean after using the Sensitive Bath Bar.  But it was not at all irritated or dry.  I've also used it on my children and have had the same results.  I have been using the same brand of moisturizing bar soap for over 15 years, and will continue to use it through the cold winter months.  During the warmer months, though, I will definitely use Nature Clean's Sensitive Bath Bar, when moisturizing isn't necessary.

The Specs:
  • 100% natural ingredients
  • Gently cleans and moisturizes skin without irritation
  • Unscented and Dermatologist Tested


TreehouseTM Natural Wipes
I don't find much difference in the selection of baby wipes that I've used on my children.  I always by unscented wipes, and my boys have never reacted to them.  I, on the other hand, have reacted to them.  Along with having sensitive skin, I was also blessed with extremely sensitive eyes.  Make-up remover has never been an option for me as it always leaves my eyes and eyelids extremely irritated.  Instead, I use baby wipes.  Some brands that I've used irritate my eyes, but Nature Clean Natural Wipes do not irritate my eyes at all.  While using them on Lil-J's tushy, I was impressed at how thick the wipes are.  And, after reading the ingredients list, I wouldn't think twice about using them on the boy's hands to clean them. 

The Specs:
  • Biodegradable
  • Great for use on hands, face, body and bum
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Free of alcohol, chlorine, parebens, sulphates and petroleum ingredients
  • Wheat, nut and gluten free



Fruit & Veggie Spray Wash
To be honest, I was unsure about this product.  I can remember when fruit & veggie washing sprays first hit the market and I've never really been convinced to try them.  I don't exclusively buy organic fruits and vegetables for my family, and buying non-organic is something that I don't stress over.  I do, however, wash many of the fruits and veggies that I buy with dish soap (cucumbers, melons, apples, peppers) and decided that I might as well give the spray wash a try.
Most pesticide residue cannot be removed with water alone because pesticides are water-resistant, ensuring that they don't get washed away by rain water.  Nature Clean Fruit & Veggie Spray helps to remove surface pesticides, chemicals, bacteria, wax and dirt.  It has a mild scent straight out of the bottle, but once rinsed off of produce leaves no scent or residue.  I am not a chemist, and really can't tell if the ingredients in this spray wash are good for my family or not.  But I trust Nature Clean and their products, and I trust that they are safe for my family.  I will continue to use this spray.


I am very happy with the results of the Nature Clean products that I tried, and this Canadian-made brand is now part of my regular list of brands that will be in my home and available to my family.  Check out the Nature Clean website and their line of products, and give them a try!

No comments: