November 1, 2012

A Good Ole Belly Laugh

Of all the things I love about my two boys (there really is nothing I don't love about them!), their laughs are at the top of my list.  They both have contageous laughs that exude pure joy and happiness.  And the best part?  They laugh A LOT!

At any time of day, I hear giggles during movies, chuckles during tickle fights, and belly laughs as the boys play and wrestle.  And the laughs don't only happen at home.  Playing silly games like The Silly Songs Car Game is an easy way to make long trips feel short, and keep the kids preoccupied in the car.

One of our favourite family pastimes is to watch America's Funniest Videos, guaranteed to fill the house with lose-your-breath laughter.  We've also started watching the tv show Wipeout with Big-A.  Watching a bunch of fools bounce of balls, get punched in the gut, and slip on muddy surfaces make hubby & I laugh until we're in tears.  And Big-A has the same (warped?) sense of humour.

When the seriousness of life takes over, which for us happens often, find a way to enjoy a good ole belly laugh with your kids by playing silly games, having a tickle-fest or watching a funny tv show.  I don't ever want my children to stop laughing!

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” ― E.E. Cummings




This is one of my favourite home videos of the boys, taken 2 1/2 years ago.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Shauna MacKenzie said...

I've been lucky to capture many laughing fits with both my boys! With life being so serious all the time, it's so nice to just have a silly laughing fit!