November 22, 2012

Can't Live Without...Liberté Méditerranée Yogurt

1 Milk & Alternatives (3/4 cup yogurt)
 

I have an addiction.  An obsession.  A total fixation.  And I don't see myself getting over it anytime soon.  What is the subject of this fatal attraction, you may ask?  One word - Liberté!  I am a lifelong yogurt lover.  I eat it with granola for breakfast, straight from the snack-sized container at work, topped with fresh berries and drizzled with honey for dessert.  And my boys love the stuff too, happily eating it in place of junky snack and dessert options.  Although I love yogurt any time of day, I am still fairly picky and only eat specific brands.  I was pretty set on one brand for years, until one day I got curious while walking through the dairy section of my local Longo's store.

I have been buying Liberté Organic and Greek Yogurt for years for the boys, adding a squeeze of honey to the plain yogurt for a touch of sweetness.  I've also used it in baking, smoothies and for marinating chicken. And then one day I spotted something that I just had to try - Liberté Méditerranée Coconut Yogurt.  I could hardly wait to get home to try this yogurt.  Coconut is one of my favourite fruits, and my mouth watered the entire drive home.

When I first scooped out the creamy yogurt, I didn't realize that it's fruit-on-the-bottom. I tasted the plain yogurt it and it had a slight coconut flavour, delicious!  And then I found the fruit, small pieces of real coconut in a sweet coconut liquid.  I ate the entire container (500g!!!) in a single night.  I just couldn't stop until it was gone.  I now have to limit my purchase of this yogurt to once every two weeks, otherwise I would be eating it every single day.

After tasting and falling in love with Liberté Méditerranée Coconut Yogurt, I just had to try more flavours.  Next came Liberté Méditerranée Lemon Yogurt, which tastes like a lemon meringue pie with real pieces of lemon.  So refreshing, so darn good!  Liberté Méditerranée Strawberry Yogurt is the most recent one I've tried, and it's strawberries and cream flavour is addictive!  I have yet to try them all, but I will in due time.


If you like coconut, you'll LOVE this yogurt.  There are slivers of real coconut in this yogurt,
so good you'll happily skip dessert for this decadent treat!


This yogurt has real bits of lemon.  It's not too tart, not too sweet, absolutely perfect!  I love to eat it as a snack.
It was refreshing on warm summer days and I also have it in my fridge at work.

 
 
I'm actually not a fan of strawberry yogurt - I have never been.  But I LOVE this yogurt.  It's exactly what you would think strawberries & cream would taste like.  Rich and creamy, it's perfect to add to a morning meal.



Liberté Méditerranée Yogurt is made with both milk and cream - it's not low-fat.  It does not contain gelatine or sugar substitutes (artificial sweeteners).  It is also probiotic, promoting digestive health.  And Liberté is a Canadian company, always a bonus for me!  I highly recommend that you give this yogurt a try, just make sure to practice self-control when indulging!

No comments: