September 12, 2011

Lunch - Mini Pita Pizzas

To prepare for back to school, I purchased a large bag of mini pitas.  During the first week of school, I found many different ways to use them for Big-A's lunch.  This past weekend, I was trying to think of a something quick & yummy to make for lunch and came up with Mini Pita Pizzas.  They were DELISH!!!




My little ninja spreading
tomato sauce on the pitas!
What a big boy!





I had the pitas, the mozarella cheese and homemade tomato sauce (previously frozen in ice cube trays - I will be sharing this recipe very soon!) on hand.  I pre-heated the oven, heated the sauce and grated the cheese.  Big-A spread the sauce on the pitas and sprinkled on cheese.  We baked them at 425 degrees F for about 10 minutes.  Once they cooled a bit, they were quickly devoured!  Two pita pizzas were a perfect size for a small meal, with raw veggies or fruit on the side.


My cheese ninja at work :)


Depending on your child's taste preference, add any other ingredients that they may like.  Sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced bell peppers or mushrooms would be ideal toppings.  Also consider changing the cheese for a different taste, or using pesto instead of tomato sauce.



Mini Pita Pizzas right out of the oven!
Mini Pita Pizzas can easily be packed for a school lunch.  For warm pizza, wrap a couple of pitas in foil and add a heat pack to the lunch container.  You can also send them cold, if your child enjoys cold pizza.  Served with veggie sticks or fresh fruit, you've got a perfect lunch for your little one.

And I promise you - you'll be making them for yourself too :)






 
 Big-A and I took no time at all to devour these Mini Pita Pizzas.  They were delicious, as you can see by Big-A's reaction! 

2 comments:

Lena! said...

I WILL TRY THESE. That is all.

Shauna MacKenzie said...

Haha! They are sooooo good!