June 4, 2012

PC Thins - Have A Bagel Without The Guilt!

Total prep time: less than 5 minutes
Canada's Food Guide Servings:
1 Grain Products (1 bagel)



I try my best to give Big-A a variety of foods for his school lunch.  I've sent him with soup and stew, pasta, pizza, and cheese & crackers.  But what he really likes are plain old sandwiches!  (he definitely likes the simpler things in life!)

I buy whole wheat, grainy and rye breads for his favourite - ham sandwiches with mustard.  One other bread product that Big-A loves, though, are bagels.  I have sent him to school with bagels on occasion, but they are just too big!  So when I found PC Thins Bagels at my local Real Canadian Superstore, I could hear the angels singing to me from heaven!  I have a slight obsession with President's Choice foods, and I love that they're always doing things different from everyone else.


Hallelujah! The perfect bagel!

PC Thins Bagels have half the fat of a standard-sized plain bagel, and close to half the calories.  And best of all, they're not too filling.  When I send them to school with Big-A, they don't come back home.  I keep the toppings simple but delicious and he just loves them!  I always make sure to fill his lunch bag with 2-3 servings of fresh fruit and veggies, ensuring that he has a balanced diet.

I have been on a low-carb diet for just over a month, and it has been very difficult.  I'm not totally giving up carbs, but I'm very choosy when indulging in bread products.  PC Thins Bagels are a perfect breakfast or lunch that don't leave me stuffed and feeling guilty.


Very thin, not overly filling for kids!

President's Choice offers a selection of flavours of their PC Thin Bagels, and you will also find these bagels in PC's health-conscious Blue Menu line.  In Ontario, you can purchase President's Choice products at Real Canadian Superstore, Loblaws, No Frills and Fortinos.



A PC Thins Bagel topped with cream cheese,
ready to be gobbled up by a hungry 7-year old.